WATC Admissions Process
“The journey of a million miles begins with a single step.” – Lao-tzu
We are excited that you are taking your first step towards a brighter future with us here at the Western Arkansas Technical Center. Below you will find a detailed list of instructions to help get you started.
- Visit with your high school counselor prior to completing the admissions packet. Your high school counselor will have vital information (i.e. graduation requirements) for you to consider before applying to the Western Arkansas Technical Center.
- Complete an admissions packet (PDF will open in new tab). Be sure that you and your parent sign both the admissions application and the student contract. Return the completed application to your counselor’s office. Your counselor will then forward your information to our office.
- Attend a Summer Orientation Session. Orientations will take place at the end of May each year. To find out more about summer orientation sessions, or to acquire this year’s dates, contact your high school counselor or the WATC office.
- Provide the WATC office with ACT or equivalent test score. Don’t be concerned if you’ve never taken an ACT exam. The WATC office will explain how to go about obtaining the appropriate test scores at the Summer Orientation Session.
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our office at 479-788-7720. We’ll be glad to help you in any way that we can.