Commencement for Spring 2020, Summer 2020, and Fall 2020 Graduates
Morning Session (Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 10:00am)
Afternoon Session (Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 2:00pm)
One of the many disappointments of 2020 was our inability to honor graduates at Commencement. We promised to give all 2020 graduates the opportunity to walk across the stage and hear their name called at an in-person commencement. We are glad to announce that this will be on May 1, 2021 at 10am and 2pm at the Stubblefield Center.
All commencement ceremonies will follow the protocols set forth by the Arkansas Department of Health. As a result, commencement ceremonies for all 2020 graduates will look very different: the number of graduates and guests in each ceremony will be very limited, tickets will be required for both graduates and guests, and all graduates, guests, and staff will be required to social distance and wear a mask. Each ceremony will be no more than one hour.
A maximum of 140 graduates will be in each ceremony, with a four-guest maximum for each graduate. Tickets will be required for each guest.
Any graduates or guests who tests positive for COVID should NOT ATTEND.
Any graduates or guests experiencing symptoms or identified as a close contact of a COVID positive person, should NOT ATTEND. Close contact is defined as being within 6 ft of a COVID positive individual for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24 hour period.
- Ceremonies are at 10 am and 2 pm on May 1. Graduates have been notified of which ceremony the will attend.
- All graduates, guests, and staff will be required to social distance and wear a mask.
- Doors will open approximately 30 minutes before each ceremony.
- Graduates will check in 30 minutes before the start time of the ceremony. Enter through the front entrance of the Stubblefield Center (entrance facing the UAFS campus), then go left and follow the signs for Graduate Check-In.
- After checking, graduates will proceed to their seat on the arena floor. There will be no processional.
- After a short program, graduates will be called to the stage to receive their diploma cover and have their name announced.
- Graduates may remove their masks when they walk across the stage to receive their diploma if comfortable doing so, but should be put back on when exiting the stage.
- Two photographs will be taken of each graduate. The first will be with the graduate and Chancellor Riley on the stage, and second will be of the graduate with the commencement stage in the background. The graduate may remove his/her mask for both photos.
- Each ceremony will be no more than one hour.
- All ceremonies will be streamed live on the UAFS Youtube channel.
Cap and Gown
The cap and gown can be purchased online through the UAFS Bookstore and Herff Jones.
Tickets and Guest Seating
- Four guest tickets will be emailed in mid-April to each graduate who registered by the April 1 deadline. The graduate will be responsible for forwarding those tickets to their four guests. Tickets can be downloaded to a phone or printed. Either the eticket or the printed ticket will be required for each guest to enter Stubblefield.
- Guest seating will be in sections of four, with each section separated from other sections to accommodate social distancing.
- Children under two will be allowed without a ticket if they are not using their own seat.