UAFS may grant credit for subject area examinations of the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) listed below, subject to the following:
- Credit will be posted on the academic record after the state census day of the student's first semester, either fall or spring.
- Credit may only be awarded if the student has not begun the course for in the pertinent subject area. A student will not be awarded credit if the exam is taken after the course has begun.
- Exams must be completed and scores received by the Records Office before the student submits a graduation application. Transcript of CLEP scores can be ordered at College Board website.
- CLEP exams may not be retaken within a six-month period.
- If a student earns CLEP as well as traditional credit for the same course, the most recent credit earned will be used to meet degree requirements and in GPA calculations (if the most recent is traditional credit earned in residence).
Credit is offered in the following CLEP subjects:
|Composition & Literature||Score||UAFS course(s)||Hours|
|College Composition||50||ENGL 1203||3|
|College Composition||59||ENGL 1203/1213||6|
|American Literature||50||ENGL 2023||3|
|American Literature||59||ENGL 2013/2023||6|
|World Languages||Score||UAFS course(s)||Hours|
|French Language||50||FREN 1304/1314||8|
|French Language||59||FREN 1304/1314/2803||11|
|German Language||50||GERM 1304/1314||8|
|German Language||59||GERM 1304/1314/2803||11|
|Spanish Language||50||SPAN 1304/1314||8|
|Mathematics & Sciences||Score||UAFS course(s)||Hours|
|College Algebra||50||MATH 1403||3|
|Chemistry||55||CHEM 1403/1401 & 1413/1411||8|
|Social Sciences & History||Score||UAFS course(s)||Hours|
|American Government||50||POLS 2753||3|
|U.S. History I||50||HIST 2753||3|
|U.S. History II||50||HIST 2763||3|
|Human Growth & Development||50||PSYC 2963||3|
|Introductory Psychology||50||PSYC 1163||3|
|Introductory Sociology||55||SOCI 2753||3|
|Financial Accounting||50||ACCT 2803||3|
|Introductory Business Law||50||LAW 2003||3|