Adding and Dropping Classes
Adding and Dropping Courses
Students who wish to withdraw from a class or change classes are governed by the following policy:
- Withdrawals through the eleventh day of full semester fall and spring courses and fifth day of the summer terms are not recorded on the student's permanent record.
- Full semester spring and fall courses dropped before the semester begins and during the first week for the semester are given a 100% refund. Beginning in the second week and until the eleventh class day, courses are dropped at the 50% rate. Courses dropped after the eleventh day are not refunded.
- Refunds for shorter courses, such as eight week courses, will be calculated on a prorated basis of a regular semester course.
- Summer courses dropped before the term begins and during the first two days are given a 100% refund. Beginning on the third day and until the fifth class day, courses are dropped at the 50% rate. Courses dropped after the fifth day are not refunded.
- Students withdrawing from a credit course prior to 5:00 p.m. on Friday of the twelfth week (or posted last day to withdraw) of the fall or spring semester will receive a W on their permanent record.
- Summer term students withdrawing from a credit class prior to 5:00 p.m. on Friday of the fourth week of the five week term in which they are enrolled will receive a W on their permanent record.
Process for Dropping/Adding Courses
Before the Semester Begins
Students with web registration access may add or drop classes prior to the start of the semester via My UAFS. Students without web registration access may drop through an advisor and the Registrar's Office.
Schedule Adjustment Period – First Week of Semester
Students with web registration access may add or drop classes via web registration on My UAFS during the first week of the first week of the semester (schedule adjustment period) to add or drop classes. The schedule adjustment period is the first week of the fall term. Web registration access will end at 5 p.m. on the Friday of the first week of the semester.
Withdrawing from a Course(s) after the Schedule Adjustment Period
Most students will be able to submit a request to withdraw from a course(s) online after the schedule adjustment period. The link to the withdrawal request can be found Registration Menu in My UAFS (Student Services-Registration-Withdraw from Class.). Students should follow all prompts and answer all questions within the drop process.
This online process will replace the paper Change of Schedule form for most students.
Since withdrawing from a course(s) could adversely affect them, students in the populations below will be unable to use this online withdrawal process. They will receive a message to contact their academic advisor to discuss the drop. These students will need to complete the Change of Schedule form and submit to the Registrar’s Office.
- Graduation Application on File
- Recipient of VA benefits
- Student Athlete
- International Student
- Student on a Financial Aid Academic Plan
- Failure to attend and/or pay tuition does not constitute official withdrawal.
- Students who are on financial and/or receiving scholarships should check with the Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing from any course.