Preparing for your MANE Event
As we move to a virtual format, preparing for your ROAR Registration appointment and the MANE Event is now more important than ever. In an effort to provide you with the best information for an effective appointment with your advisor, it is critical that you prepare for your ROAR Registration appointment and meet with your advisor on your scheduled day and time. Please take extra care in following these steps so we provide you with the best possible experience!
- Ensure that you are able to log into your My.UAFS and access your UAFS email prior to your appointment. Access is required for both. For assistance, email the UAFS Service Desk at email@example.com, call 479-788-7460, or visit their website.
- Watch for an email in your UAFS email account from your advisor containing instructions for your appointment and the forms needed for registration.
- Complete all forms and return them prior to your ROAR Registration appointment via your UAFS email. Instructions for scanning and returning the forms are below.
- Download or sign in to Google Meet using your UAFS g.uafs.edu account. This is the virtual platform for your ROAR Registration appointment and is free to download.
- Your meeting code will be included in the email from your advisor the Monday before your appointment. Be sure to sign in at your scheduled meeting time.
- During your ROAR Registration appointment, your advisor will give you instructions on how to access the online MANE Event. The MANE Event is required for all incoming freshmen.
- Continue to check your email regularly through the summer for updates from your advisor and others on campus.
- In addition, please make sure you consider the following:
- Provide an official transcript for concurrent course work. These transcript must come directly from the university where the credit was awarded. This course work will not be on your high school transcript.
- Provide your Immunization Records if you have not already done so. These must be received prior to registration. Students not submitting their immunization records will not be able to register for classes. Please contact our Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Provide an official score report for AP or CLEP credit that you may have received.
- Follow the ROAR on Facebook(UAFS ROAR First-Year Advising Center and Instagram(@uafsroar)
- Follow @uafs.2024 on Instagram to begin meeting your classmates and fellow lions!
Instructions for Scanning Documents using your Phone
- Your advisor will send you several forms that must be completed prior to your appointment. This email will come to your UAFS Email account. These forms must be completed in full and returned to your advisor via your UAFS email account prior to your ROAR Registration Appointment.
- To scan and return your forms, they must be saved as a PDF and attached to an email to your advisor.
You may use a scanner, or scan the documents from your phone and email them to your advisor.
- Open a note or create a new note.
- Tap the camera icon, then tap Scan Documents
- Place your document in view of the camera on your device
- If your device is in Auto mode, your document will be automatically scanned. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the circle or one of the volume buttons.
- Drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
- You can add additional scans to the document or tap SAVE when you are done.
Choose a Major
- Explore the majors that UAFS has to offer.
- Review a copy of your degree requirements.
- Search the class schedule to see when and how classes are offered towards your degree.
If you have questions about which major may be right for you, contact the ROAR at ROAR@uafs.edu.
- Complete your FAFSA
- Know the requirements for YOUR scholarship! There are credit hour and GPA requirements for all UAFS scholarships, the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship, and federal aid such as PELL grants and loans. All scholarship requirements are outlined in your scholarship contract.
If you have any questions regarding Financial Aid, contact email@example.com
- A username and temporary password are sent to admitted students in the UAFS acceptance letter.
- Students must change their temporary password in the Portalguard Management System PRIOR to their ROAR Registration Appointment.
Notifying the ROAR First-Year Advising Center at ROAR@uafs.edu, if you do not have access.
- After changing their temporary password, students are REQUIRED to bring their username and NEW password with them to their MANE Event!
If you have questions regarding your username/password, contact the UAFS Help Desk at 479-788-7460 or firstname.lastname@example.org