Department Website: English, Rhetoric, and Writing
- Minor - Creative Writing
- Other Majors/Minors in the College of Communication, Languages, Arts, and Social Sciences
The Creative Writing minor addresses numerous writing issues, cultivating a student’s writing abilities applicable to a variety of writing situations and demands. The minor complements a major by broadening the student’s academic experience.
Why should you choose to minor in Creative Writing?
The College of Languages and Communication is dedicated to the ideals of effective communication through the study of language, literature, speech, rhetoric and writing. By emphasizing critical thinking and problem-solving skills, students obtaining their degree will develop a broad understanding of the world in which they live and will demonstrate effective interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational communication skills.
Websites for Career Research
- The United States Department of Labor-Bureau of Labor Statistics
- O*NET Online
- What Can I Do with this Major?
- Visit the Discover Arkansas website for information on Arkansas careers.
(The student self-registration Access Code is: numa.)
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Academic Clubs and Organizations
- Lions Chronicle (online publication)