Advising Coordinator: Kelly Vongnarath
College Website: College of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- BS - Chemistry (PDF will open in new tab)
- BS - Chemistry with Concentration in Biochemistry (PDF will open in new tab)
- Minor - Chemistry (PDF will open in new tab)
- Other majors and minors in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Majors and Minors
A major/minor in one of the Physical Sciences will give you a unique insight into areas that are central to chemistry, physics, geology, materials science, medicine, environmental science, and engineering. A chemistry degree can lead to many varied career paths in professions such as medicine, pharmacology, agriculture, chemical engineering, journalism, law, forensic science, and biochemistry. Many graduates also decide to continue their education by attending graduate school.
What can you do with a degree in Chemistry?
Career opportunities in physical science sometimes require education beyond a bachelor's degree. Talk to your faculty advisor regarding the specific career path to the following:
- Chemical engineer
- Chemical technician
- Crime lab analyst
- Manufacuturers' representative
- Public school systems
- Private school systems
- Junior and community colleges
- Adult education centers
Websites for Career Research
- The United States Department of Labor-Bureau of Labor Statistics
- O*NET Online
- What Can I Do with this Major?
- Visit the Discover Arkansas website for information on Arkansas careers.
(The student self-registration Access Code is: numa.)
Why should you choose to major or minor in Chemistry?
- Small class sizes, with top-notch instruction
- Extensive hands-on laboratory experience
- Lots of potential for professional competitive job searches
- Secondary education is a large employment category that is expected to grow.
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Our faculty are involved in biochemistry, organic, inorganic, and physical chemistry research and will mentor undergraduate research projects from start to finish.
- Chemistry Club - contact Paula Abbott for information.
Graduates are employed with:
- Rockline Industries
Graduate/professional schools our graduates are attending:
- UAFS-MS Healthcare Administration
- ARCOM-D.O. Medical School