- BS - Animation Technology (PDF will open in new tab)
- Other majors offered in the College of Applied Science and Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Animation Technology (BSAT) prepares students to be practitioners and managers of a wide variety of computer graphics related jobs. The BSAT is a degree designed for students who have completed an associate of applied science degree (AAS) or associate of applied technology (AAT) from an accredited institution with 44 hours of technical professional course work in computer graphic technology (CGT).
What can you do with a degree in Animation Technology?
- Applied Animation – training videos for police and industry.
- State and National Parks – create animations of landmarks, walking/hiking trails to be viewed by disadvantaged individuals who cannot hike or walk the trails.
- TV stations – weather and/or news events.
- Create video games, movie clips, commercials, etc.
- Medical animations – show how the human heart really works or any other body part. Help create how a hip replacement joint works, etc.
- Legal animation in the court rooms – re- create accidents, crimes, etc. Used often today in the court room.
- Create intelligent 3D maps.
Websites for Career Research
- The United States Department of Labor-Bureau of Labor Statistics
- O*NET Online
- What Can I Do with this Major?
- Visit the Discover Arkansas website for information on Arkansas careers.
(The student self-registration Access Code is: numa.)
Why should you choose to major in Animation Technology?
- Fast growing professional field
- Wide range in salary potential
- Great work environments
- Job availability in multiple locations
- Allows experienced animators to work from home
Special Application Procedures
Students must complete an application to UAFS and must apply and be accepted into the animation technology program. Contact the College of Applied Science and Technology, Animation Technology Department for an application and additional details.
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Independent Study
- UAFS Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Student Portfolio Development
Academic Clubs and Organizations
- UAFS Animators Club
- Skills USA
- AutoDesk Users Group International
Graduates are employed with:
- Morrison-Shipley Engineers, Inc.
- UAFS (Adjunct Professor)
The College of Applied Science and Technology is accredited by Association of Technology, Management, and Engineering (ATMAE).