ROAR Registration Appointments
ROAR Registration Appointments are scheduled through an email that is sent to your UAFS email account several days after you have signed up for the MANE Event New Student Orientation. Look for an email from Kim Tomlinson to schedule this appointment. If you have not received an email, please call 479-788-7400.
ROAR Registration appointments are for entering freshman. These appointments are held in the summer prior to your first semester of classes. During this appointment, you will meet one on one with your advisor, declare your major and register for your first semester of classes.
Preparing for your ROAR Registration appointment is more important than ever. In an effort to have an effective appointment with your advisor, it is critical that you prepare for your appointment and meet with your advisor on your scheduled day and time. Please take extra care in following these steps so we provide you with the best possible experience!
- All communication from your advisor will go to your UAFS email. Ensure that you are able to log into your My.UAFS and access your UAFS email prior to your appointment. For assistance, email the UAFS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 479-788-7460, or visit their website.
- Watch for an email in your UAFS email account from your advisor containing instructions for your appointment and the forms needed for registration.
- Complete all forms and return them prior to your appointment via your UAFS email.
- You will meet with your advisor via Zoom. A Zoom link and a password will also be provided in the email from your advisor containing instructions for your appointment.
- Be sure to sign in at your scheduled meeting time.
- Please call 479-788-7400 if you have any problem logging into your Zoom meeting.
- In addition, please make sure you consider the following:
- Provide an official transcript for concurrent course work. These transcripts must come directly from the university where the credit was awarded. This course work will not be on your high school transcript.
- Provide your Immunization Records if you have not already done so. These must be received prior to registration. Students not submitting their immunization records will not be able to register for classes. Please contact our Registrar's Office at email@example.com with questions.
- Provide an official score report for AP or CLEP credit that you may have received.
- Follow the ROAR on Facebook (UAFS ROAR First-Year Advising Center) and Instagram (@uafsroar).
- Follow @uafs.2025 on Instagram to begin meeting your classmates and fellow lions!
Instructions for Scanning Documents using your Phone
- Your advisor will send you several forms that must be completed prior to your appointment. This email will come to your UAFS email account. These forms must be completed in full and returned to your advisor via your UAFS email account prior to your ROAR Registration Appointment.
- To scan and return your forms, they must be saved as a PDF and attached to an email to your advisor. You may use a scanner or scan the documents from your phone and email them to your advisor.
- Open a note or create a new note.
- Tap the camera icon, then tap Scan Documents
- Place your document in view of the camera on your device
- If your device is in Auto mode, your document will be automatically scanned. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the circle or one of the volume buttons.
- Drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
- You can add additional scans to the document or tap SAVE when you are done.
Choose a Major
- Explore the majors that UAFS has to offer.
- Review a copy of your degree requirements.
- Search the class schedule to see when and how classes are offered towards your degree.
If you have questions about which major may be right for you, contact the ROAR at ROAR@uafs.edu.
- Complete your FAFSA.
- Know the requirements for YOUR scholarship! There are credit hour and GPA requirements for all UAFS scholarships, the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship, and federal aid such as PELL grants and loans. All scholarship requirements are outlined in your scholarship contract.
- If you have any questions regarding Financial Aid, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A username and temporary password are sent to admitted students through a status update in the UAFS application status portal.
- Students must change their temporary password in the Portalguard Management System PRIOR to their ROAR Registration Appointment.
- Notify the ROAR First-Year Advising Center at ROAR@uafs.edu, if you do not have access.
- If you have questions regarding your username/password, contact the UAFS Help Desk at 479-788-7460 or email@example.com.
All entering freshman attend the MANE Event virtually with an additional in-person option. If you have questions, please contact Admissions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 479-788-7120 or click here to visit their website.