School of Education Advising
What majors do they advise?
- Associate of Applied Science - Early Childhood Education (birth-4)
- Elementary Education (Grades K-6)
- Middle-level Education in Math/ Science (Grades 4 - 8)
Concentration choices (Choose 2): English; Mathematics; Science; Social Studies
What about secondary education majors?
Secondary Education majors are advised in the college that houses their degree.
- Mathematics and Biology with Life Science education majors are advised in the College of STEM.
- English, History, Music, and Spanish, Education majors are advised in the College of Communication, Languages, Arts, and Social Sciences.
How do I know if I am advised here?
You are advised in the School of Education if you meet the following requirements:
- You have declared a major in Early Childhood (AAS), Elementary or Middle-level Education
- You are not taking any student success courses
- You have completed a minimum of 24 post high school graduation non-developmental credit hours
Not sure who your advisor is?
You can find out through your My UAFS page, click “View My Student Services and Financial Aid”, and then click “Student Records.” You will be required to meet with your advisor each semester, typically in March and October.
If you do not have an assigned advisor or if you are changing your major to Elementary or Middle Level Education, please contact:
Math-Science Building, office 108B
If unavailable, contact
Math-Science Building, office 108