Who We Are
The Western Arkansas Technical Center (WATC) is an area secondary center located on the UAFS campus. The Center was formed in 1998 through a collaborative effort by UAFS, the Western Arkansas Education Service Cooperative, and the Arkansas Department of Workforce Education. WATC provides area high school juniors and seniors with the unique opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. The center's curriculum serves as an extension of the high school curriculum offerings by providing students with hands-on training in technical fields.
Who We Serve
WATC serves high school students from Crawford, Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Scott, and Sebastian counties. Services are offered at no cost to the students. WATC provides books, tuition, and fees thanks to funding made available by the Department of Workforce Education and a training fee paid by the local school districts.
What We Do
WATC has three primary goals which define our purpose:
- To aid students in making an informed career choice. Students select a technical program based on their interests and aptitudes. Their experiences in the program help them to make career choices.
- To prepare students to enter the workforce upon high school graduation. The programs provided by UAFS to WATC students lead to a professional certification, a certificate of proficiency, or a technical certificate from UAFS which equal marketable job skills.
- To encourage students to continue their education after high school. UAFS classes successfully completed by students enrolled through the WATC program are credited at both the high school and college level. Students can finish their technical program with as many as 40 hours toward a degree or advanced certification program.
Explore Our Programs
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Graphic Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Electronics Technology
- Graphic Design
- Health Science
- Welding Technology
Western Arkansas Technical Center
Located on the first floor of the Baldor Technology Center.
479-788-7720 • FAX 479-788-7710