- AAS - Office Management Technology-Medical Office Professional
- AAS-Office Management Technology- Office Management
- TC - Office Managment Technology-Medical Office Professional
- TC-Office Management Technology-Office Management
- CP - Office Management Technology- Human Resources
- CP-Office Managment Technology-Medical Office Professional
- CP-Office Management Technology-Office Management
- Other majors offered in the College of Applied Science and Technology
Majors and Concentrations
The Associate of Applied Science in Office Management Technology is designed for those who are interested in preparing for new roles and expanded responsibilities in the office. The curriculum in the Office Managment Technology program emphasizes high standards of proficiency in communication, technology, and information management. The two different areas of concentration students can choose from are:
Medical Office Professional- assembles patients’ health information, checks to see all forms are completed and properly identified, and ensures that all necessary information is in the computer.
Office Management- perform the assistant role in any professional setting including to accountants and human resource professionals by performing bookkeeping, record keeping, administrative support through the use of various technological systems.
The technical certificates (TC) and certificates of proficiency (CP) degrees provide students with a basic understanding of communication, technology, and information management. Students have the option of two concentrations for technical certificates in office management and medical office professional and three options of concentration for certificates of proficiency in office management, medical office professional and human resources. The courses in these degrees may be applied towards the Associate of Applied Science degree."
What can you do with an Office Management Technology degree?
- Accounting assistants
- Accounts receivable/accounts payable clerks
- Personnel clerks
- Medical billing and insurance clerks
- Medical transcriptionists
- Medical Coders
- Human Resources Assistant
Program credit hours may also be applied to the Bachelor of Applied Science degree and Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership at UAFS.
Websites for Career Research
- The United States Department of Labor-Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Discover Arkansas
- O*NET Resource Center
- What Can I Do with this Major?
(The student self-registration Access Code is: numa.)
Why should you choose to major in Office Management Technology?
- Job opportunities in various settings and industries
- Build good communication skills
- Internship positions provide positive learning experiences
- Administrative assistants are increasingly assuming responsibilities once reserved for managerial and professional staff.
Students may intern at local area businesses or industries with supervised employment and observation.
Examples of Host Sites:
- St Edward Mercy Medical Clinic
- Good Samaritan Health Clinic
- F & S Physical Therapy
- Golden Living
Graduates are employed with:
- Frost Oil Co.
- Bost Inc.
- Children's Emergency Shelter
- Ashton Place Health and Rehabilitation
- Przybysz & Associates
- Golden Living
- Sebastion County
- USA Truck
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
The College of Applied Science and Technology has received accreditation from the Association of Technology Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). ATMAE Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for applied technology programs and institutions nationwide.