- AAS - Electronics Technology
- TC - Industrial Electronics and Electrical Maintenance
- Other degrees offered in the College of Applied Science and Technology
The Associate of Applied Science in Electronic Technology is designed to train students in theory and practical skills that prepare them for jobs in the maintenance of common electrical and electronic devices and instruments. The emphasis covers installation, diagnosis, and repair of computer systems; digital communication equipment; industrial control systems to include motor controllers, program logic controllers, sensors, and robotics; communication systems; and various advanced electronic equipment/systems.
The technical certificate in industrial electronics and electrical maintenance is designed to train students in the maintenance of most industrial electronics and electrical systems. The courses may be applied towards the AAS degree.
What can you do with an Electronics Technology degree?
- Electronics Technician
- Data Processing Equipment Repair
- Medical Electronics Specialist
- Computer Service Technician
- Communication Electronics Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Industrial Automation Technician
Program credit hours may also be applied to the Bachelor of Applied Science degree and Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership at UAFS.
Websites for Career Research
- The United States Department of Labor-Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Discover Arkansas
- O*NET Resource Center
- What Can I Do with this Major?
(The student self-registration Access Code is: numa.)
Why should you choose to major in Electronics Technology?
- Have above average mathematical ability
- Have analytical, mechanical and science aptitude
- Small class size
- Highly trained instructors
- Opportunity for work-based learning
- Cutting edge technology
- Exciting career opportunities
- Supply of workers cannot keep up with demand
Work-based learning is available through student internships in the electronics field of study at local area businesses or industries with supervised employment and observation.
Example of Host Sites:
- UA Fort Smith
- Hiram Walker
- US Corp of Engineers
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Graduates are employed with:
- Baldor Electric Company
- Nabors Completion and Production Service
- Southwest Die Casting
- Simmons Foods
- Omega Controls
- JB Hunt
- Harvest Time Kids Academy
The College of Applied Science and Technology has received accreditation from the Association of Technology Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). ATMAE Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for applied technology programs and institutions nationwide.