Resolving Web Browser and Computer Problems
Some problems in online courses can be fixed by clearing your Web browser cache (Temporary Internet Files in Internet Explorer) and Java Temporary Files. You should clear your browser cache regularly (once every 1-2 weeks or more often if you browse the Internet frequently).
Clear the Cache in Google Chrome
- Open Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, tap the 3-dot icon
- Tap History, and then tap "clear browsing data"
- Under "clear browsing data," select the checkboxes for "cookies and site data" and "cached images and files"
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete
- Tap "clear browsing data"
Clear the Cache in Firefox
- Click the menu button and choose "options"
- From the History menu, select "clear recent history"
From the time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select "everything"
- Next to "details" click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items
- Click "clear now"
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser
Clear Temporary Internet Files in Internet Explorer 11
- Select "tools" (via the gear icon)
- Select "safety"
- Select Delete browsing history....
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies
- click Delete.
You can also access the Internet options from Internet Explorer, either via the Tools button or the Tools menu on the menu bar. (You will have to show the menu bar to see this last option.)
Clear the Cache in Microsoft Edge
- Click the Hub icon .
- Click the History icon .
- Click the link labeled "clear all history"
- Check the boxes for each item you want to clear. Be sure to select "cached data and files"
- Click the Clear button.
Clear the Cache in Safari on a Mac
- Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears:
- Click "preferences"
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab.
- Click the button "remove all website data"
- Click "remove now" in the pop up window that appears
You should only have to do steps 1 through 4 once.
Clear the Cache in Safari on an iPhone
- Open "settings"
- Open Safari
- Touch "clear cookies and data"
Clear the Cache in Chrome on an Android Phone
- Open the Chrome app
- Touch the 3-dot icon
- Touch "settings"
- Touch "privacy"
- Touch "clear browsing data"
- Touch the drop down menu for "clear date from"
- Select the time period for which you want to clear data
- Select the data you want to remove. Be sure to include "cache"
- Touch "clear"
Clear Java Cache on a PC
- Click "start" on the task bar of your computer
- Click "Control Panel"
- Click "Java"
- On the General tab, click "settings" under "Temporary Internet Files"
- Click "Delete Files"
- Click "OK" to close each Java window
- Close "Control Panel"
Performing a cold boot (Restarting Your Computer)
Many computer problems can be resolved by running a Shut Down of the computer and waiting 30 seconds before restarting the computer.