Explore Your Options
Not sure what might be a good major or career fit for you? There are a lot of options out there and you should feel confident in making an educated decision about your major.
Self-assessments are a great way to do a realistic appraisal of yourself and starting point for career planning. While there is no test that will determine what you should "be," there are tools to help you evaluate yourself and find the career that is best for you. When making significant career or education decisions, it is important to recognize a few key characteristics about yourself. Being aware of these characteristics will help you choose a major, career, or advanced degree program that may result in a higher level of job satisfaction.
You can also explore your options at UAFS by attending the Majors Expo. This is an opportunity to meet with different faculty and students from all majors on campus. This event is hosted by Advising Services each fall semester.
The Focus 2 self-assessment measures and identifies your interests, personality, skills, and values. Each self-assessment roughly take 15-20 minutes depending on the individual. Focus 2 combines self-assessment, career and major exploration, decision making, and action planning in one comprehensive tool. These outcomes will help you match your interests, skills, and values to academic or career goals.
To take the Focus 2 self-assessment or login to your account, please click on the Focus 2 logo below.
First Time Users:
- Click on the Focus2 logo
- Click on the button at the bottom of the page that says "Register"
- Your user access code is lowercase numa
- Create an account entering the fields as indicated
- The email address used must be your "@g.uafs.edu" UAFS email
- Select your graduation year
- Check the box agreeing to the disclaimer at the bottom
- Then continue to the assessments.
Students interested in exploring the Focus 2 outcomes are are encouraged to contact a Professional Advisor to review the outcomes and discuss how to use available resources within the college and community to learn about careers. Appointments can be made with a Professional Advisor by calling (479) 788-7400.
- What Can I Do With This Major - Connect majors to careers by exploring multiple majors or searching for more information.
- O*Net - The nation's primary source of occupational information.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Bureau of Labor statistics for hundreds of occupations.
- My Next Move - What do you want to do for a living?
- Career Onestop - Assess your skills.
- MyPlan - Self Assessment Tool
- CareerShip - Map out your future by matching career interests.
- DISCOVER Arkansas Career Center - Explore your skills and how they match the Arkansas job market.
- LearnHowToBecome.org - Provides students and job seekers an overview of different resources and careers, related job salary comparisons, and job growth outlook from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- NACE Salary Calculator - Provides average salary information related to your education, employment history, and geographic location.
- Jobs Made Real - Provides personal reviews of what jobs or career exist and what people really do within their positions.
- Glassdoor.com - Provides employee submitted company reviews, salaries, interview information, as well as a job board.