We are excited that you are either considering or have made the decision to attend the University of Arkansas Fort Smith. It is our goal to help students have a successful educational career at UAFS, and we look forward to working with you!
What majors are advised in the Advising Center?
- Associate Degrees: AGS, AA (including undecided majors), and some AAS
- Non-Degree seeking students: Lifelong Learners, transient students and students with no major
- All students, regardless of declared major, that are currently enrolled in a developmental course
What if I am undecided on a major?
An Advising Center advisor can assist you in discovering a career field that may be a good fit for you by using a combination of self-assessment tools. Visit the Career Services website to begin some of the online self-assessment tools. You will also want to schedule an appointment with an advisor to review the tools and discuss your results.
Who is my advisor?
Every student is assigned to an Advisor. To find out your assigned advisor:
- Login to My.UAFS
- Select Students Tab
- Select View My Student Services and Financial Aid (BSS) from the Left-Hand Menu
- Select Student Records
- Select Display Advisor Contact Information
Once you have determined your assigned Advisor, you should make an appointment through Advisortrac.
Who do I contact for more information?
- Call 479.788.7400
- Email Advise@uafs.edu
- Contact Advising Services staff
- Stop by the Advising Center counter, located on the second floor of the Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center
Advising Center Hours
(except for designated holidays):
8 A.M. to 6 P.M. Monday - Thursday
9 A.M. to 5 P.M. Friday